parochial in this village is an interesting building that began to be
built in the XI century. It is dedicated to Saint Salvador. It was started
to build on a plant with an only nave and apse but it was finished in
with lateral naves and an ogival door that is now covered with a curious
atrium of which we can see the entrance to the crypt of the XVII century;
this crypt became parochial museum. Inside, next to baroque reteeables,
there is a major reteable (probably built in the XVI century), a curious
Romanic winding stairs and a wonderful organ dated in the XVIII century
restored by Louis Galindo who was the Parish priest of the village. (The
Parish priest nowadays is Richard Mur Saura).
In Modern Ages, along XVI and XVII centuries
this place increases its parochial treasure. There was a reliquary dated
in the XVI century. It was a very interesting piece which has a crucifix
and a demountable virile. In the XVI century some devices such as a frontal,
a chasuble, some dalmatics, a pluvial cape, some gremial and cloth for
fascitol made of streaky velvet silk with a great care. All these pieces
have the donor's coat of arms: Francisco Aznárez, a man who was the superior
in Agüero's church between the years 1527 and 1560 and later he was a
canon in Jaca where he died in 1562. There are two things left belonging
to XVII century: a silver parochial cross in whose base there is a circular-plant
a tank to keep oil paintings with a candelabrum shape. The parochial treasure
is completed with several choir books and a Romanic virgin, which may
belong to XIII century.
This is a piece dated at the end of XI century
and consequently the parochial tympanum in this area has got a great value.
A Romanic tympanum with the Maiestas Domini Cristo in Majestic at the
front escorted by the four Evangelists' symbols or tetramorphes. Tympanum
that clergymen who were born here would contemplate: Fray Angel Palace
and doctor Pantaleon Palacio and Villacampa. The first one, Angel Palacio
was a Carmelite and an Art professor at Huesca University, and then he
was an Art professor at Rome University and finally Carmelites province
in Araoán since 1617. the other one, Pantaleon Palacio, was a canon in
Huesca and in 1642 he was a Prima professor at Canons University in Huesca.
In 1646 he was a canon in El Pilar in Zaragoza and then he was a judge
in Aragon reign. Proposed by Felipe IV the Pope Alejandro VII named him
abbot of Montearagón and he was consecrated as an abbot on October twenty-ninth
1662 in Jaca cathedral. When he dies in 1665 he will be buried in the
abbatial pantheon in the Royal House in Montearagón.